Questions and some references*
- Intellectual property
- How important is intellectual property to YAMASU? Does YAMASU have any IP protection now?
- Does YAMASU have an IP strategy? What kind of IP strategy should YAMASU have?
- How could IP help YAMASU show that its products are from Chiba? Is this a good idea?
- Can IP help YAMASU show that its products are safe?
- IP and tourism (WIPO)
- WIPO case study on geographical indications
- WIPO case studies on intellectual property
- Japan Patent Office
- Government of Japan and business associations
- How is the Government of Japan involved in the food industry and food tourism?
- How can the Government of Japan help YAMASU with its domestic and international operations?
- How should YAMASU align its operations and business strategy with Government of Japan policy and activities?
- METI food industry case in Indonesia
- Proposal forStrengthening the International Competitiveness of Japan’s Agriculture
- The Globalization of Food: Japanese Food as a Universal Food of the Future
- SEIZE THE WORLD /Minister: Create chain reaction between food export and tourism
- Keizai Doyukai 8 policy proposals for the revitalization of Japanese agriculture
- MAFF marketing policies
- Food and the Tourism Experience: The OECD-Korea Workshop
- Corporate social responsibility
- From a business ethics perspective, what responsibility does YAMASU have to stakeholders including consumers?
- Does YAMASU have a CSR strategy now?
- What kind of CSR strategy should YAMASU have in view of competitive advantage?
- How can CSR help YAMASU to promote its products domestically and globally?
- Business operations and strategy
- Should YAMASU change its suppliers from Chiba? Is that a possibility?
- How can YAMASU improve its business operations? Would such improvements require major changes or small changes?
- How can YAMASU’s business operations be aligned with Government of Japan activities and support?
- Cool Japan Strategy
- MAFF (2016)
- MAFF (2009)
- Global report on food tourism (UNWTO 2012)
- Managed trade
- Feed the world’s foodies
- Increased efforts to expand exports
- MAFF – Promoting innovation
- Governance of city food systems case studies
- Marketing and promotion
- What is the role of trade shows, fairs, and expos in the marketing and promotion of YAMASU products?
- How does YAMASU market and promote its products now?
- How can YAMASU expand its sales and promote its brand?
- How should YAMASU change its current lineup of products?
- Japan trade shows
- Foodex Japan 2017
- Foodex Japan JETRO
- Chiba Foodstuff Export Association
- MAFF list of exporters and producers
- US FDA Voice
- Food Industry Executive trade shows
- OECD Milano site
- Japan food pavilion photos
- Digital food waterfall
- 3 ministries and JETRO provide support leading to gold medal
- Mission and long-term vision
- What is YAMASU’s mission and long-term vision?
- What do you think YAMASU should look like in the future?
- What kinds of companies would be good models for YAMASU? In what way?
- Coca Cola – Alignment with military to obtain key ingredient (sugar) and global expansion
- Burger King – 5 part strategy (in view of failure of competitors) for selecting countries
- Wegmans – 30 year vision of the future
- Disneyland – Factors in international expansion
- Zara – Innovative strategy in creating value chain in global apparel industry
- Avon – Expansion into foreign markets based on socioeconomic and demographic factors
- Wegmans Food Markets
- Wegmans people
- Wegmans best grocery store in USA
- Daniels, J.D., Radebaugh, L.H., & Sullivan, D.P. (2004, 2011). International business: Environments and operations (10th & 13th editions). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson.
* Source: Knight, K. (2017). Exploring YAMASU and the food industry from multiple perspectives with SWOT and PEST analytical approaches [PowerPoint presentation in Global Challenge business training program]. Chiba, Japan: Kanda University of International Studies.